[EM] 2 parties is not democracy

Warren Smith wds at math.temple.edu
Sun Aug 14 09:30:50 PDT 2005

But if you do consider 2-party system to be democracy, then
if you like 2-party domnation state, why bother to consider any
voting system other than plurality at all?

I mean, plurality (1) maximally leads to the situation (2 parties)
you like, and (2) if there are only 2 candidates, then plurality
is as good as any other more "advanced" system, so debating
advnaced systems is almost pointless.

Why leads me to ask of people who believe in 2-party-dominance:
why are you here on EM?

It is essential to have systems which break 2-party dominance.
Otherwise, they will be effectively just the same as 2-choice
plurality and it is pointless to consider their "advantages".
wds