[EM] Re: Mike's Mistake, part 2

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:08:05 PDT 2005

Russ says:

First of all, I always informed you of any revisions I made to your
wording.

I reply:

No, I usually found about about the sloppifications when someone posted
about them on EM, or otherwise told me about them. You never e-mailed to me
to say: I've just changed the wording of a definition of yours, in the
following way. Never happened. I got to be surprised by hearing about your
sloppifications via postings to EM about them.

It's ridiculous to claim that I agreed to those sloppifications of my
definitions. I objected to them whenever I found out about them. You always
justified them as "smoothing out the wording" for public consumption. But it
didn't bring any benefit when it made your rewordings an embarrassment, when
people, on EM, pointed out their ambiguity and sloppiness.

You continue:

Furthermore, the material was all posted publicly, where you
were free to examine it at any time and report back errors.

I reply:

I didn't have time to keep checking on you.

You continue:

I was almost
always responsive with any revisions you requested -- and you know it.

I reply:

Maybe. But the rewordings were too many for me to have time to check for,
catch, and object to.

You continue:

If any "sloppy" definitions appeared at the site, you had signed off on
them either explicitly or implicitly.

I reply:

That's ridiculous. Why would I "sign off on" someone else's wording of a
definition of mine, when it changes the meaning, when it is sloppy and
ambiguous?

And what does it mean to "sign off on [something] implicitly"? To not have
time to check on you often enough to catch the error at the website?

You continue:

For you to place the blame on me demonstrates an unwillingness to take
responsibility for your own errors.

I reply:

You change the wording of my definitions, changing their meaning, and then
you call that my error, because I didn't have time to check on you often
enough to catch you at it? And you speak of taking responsibility for one's
errors.

You continue:

But none of that is really the point anyway. The point is that you
dissociated yourself from ElectionMethods.org because we had a nasty
argument about the 9/11 terrorist incident.

I reply:

Who asked you to bring all that up again? I've been posting on topic only.
It wasn't about the 9/11 issue. It was about your conduct and behavior.
Because of that, I no longer wanted to work with you. Thanks to your
behavior here, no one here has any doubt about what I'm referring to, or
would be willing to work with you under the same circumstances.

You continue:

You were (and probably still
are) convinced that the whole thing was orchestrated by the Bush
administration to consolidate power

I reply:

You're a fruitcake loony-toon crank who claims that evolution of species by
natural selection has never taken place.

You exhibited errors that a 6th grader shouldn't make, when you tried to
justify your funny claims about how the government is allegedly
double-taxing people.

You "independently" invented DMC, coincidentally at a time when it was being
much discussed on EM  :-)

You continue:

-- but I have enough common sense to
know how ridiculous that notion is. That's why our partnership on the
website ended.

I reply:

I ended the website collaboration. You at first tried to object to my ending
of the website collaboration and my withdrawal of my articles from the
website.

Because of your conduct and behavior and bizarrely problem personality. No,
not because of sloppy definitions.

Mike