[EM] Mike's mistake, part 2

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 12 00:52:11 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> "Flat-out lie". Russ feels that if he says something strongly enough,
> emotionally enough, to show how much he at least claims to believe it,
> that will convince others that it must be true.
>
> Several people posted to EM to point out ambiguities and sloppiness in
> definitions at electionmethods. org. In each such instance, they were
> referring to Russ's rewordings of my definitions, and, in each instance,
> they were correct: Russ's rewordings of those definitions were ambiguous
> and sloppy. And, also in each such instance, when I posted my own
> definitions, the ones that Russ had replaced with his sloppifications,
> it was agreed that the sloppiness and ambiguity belonged to Russ's
> rewording, not to my own definition.
>
> Russ seems to forget that he's making that claim on the same mailing
> list where these complaints about the sloppiness and ambiguity of his
> wording were posted.

OK, I read the rest of your post.

First of all, I always informed you of any revisions I made to your
wording. Furthermore, the material was all posted publicly, where you
were free to examine it at any time and report back errors. I was almost
always responsive with any revisions you requested -- and you know it.
If any "sloppy" definitions appeared at the site, you had signed off on
them either explicitly or implicitly. For you to place the blame on me
demonstrates an unwillingness to take responsibility for your own errors.

But none of that is really the point anyway. The point is that you
dissociated yourself from ElectionMethods.org because we had a nasty
argument about the 9/11 terrorist incident. You were (and probably still
are) convinced that the whole thing was orchestrated by the Bush
administration to consolidate power -- but I have enough common sense to
know how ridiculous that notion is. That's why our partnership on the
website ended. You know darn well that "sloppy" wording had nothing to
do with it.