[EM] summary of Condorcet anti-strategy measures

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Sat Apr 2 00:20:09 PST 2005

Dear Chris,
	Some replies follow, on the topic of enhanced Condorcet versions...

(in reference to strong/weak preference option (S/WPO))
>I  think this was proposed a long time ago by Steve
>Eppley.

	That sounds right. Do you happen to have a link to his defining post?

>In principle I like it, because it isn't an
>*explicit* strategy device.  It just asks the voters
>for more specific preference information, without
>inviting the voters to strategize or expecting them to
>know or care what a "majority rule cycle" is.

	Yes, I agree with your sentiments here.

>So I  don't think your comment does it justice.

	Okay, fair enough; I agree with you.

>Approval Margins is highly resistant to Burying, and
>in my view is not qualitatively worse in this respect
>than Approval-Weighted Pairwise.

	Could you please support these two assertions?

my best,
James