[EM] Normative criteria

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:55:23 PDT 2005

Chris, what do you mean when you say that a criterion is "normative"?

If you're considering referring me to some glossary somewhere, then I
suggest that, if you're using the word, then presumably you know what you
mean by it. What do you mean by "normative"? Exactly what do you mean by it?

Is Condorcet's Criterion normative? Is Participation normative? If so, then
we must accept that a method is going to fail at least some normative
criteria.

And who decides which criteria are normative?

Mike Ossipoff