[EM] let Mike Ossipoff know what you think about his lies

Russ Paielli 6049awj02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Apr 10 23:25:32 PDT 2005

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp-at-hotmail.com |EMlist| wrote:

> But I will briefly comment on Russ's advocacy of methods that combine
> ranking with ratings. Kevin had proposed such a method, and later Russ
> announced his invention of that method on EM. Later it was pointed out
> to Russ that that method had been proposed on EM before Russ mentioned
> it. But even after that, Russ continues calling it by his own name for it.

In my previous message, I posted a link to my original message on EM
regarding what we now call RAV/DMC, and it refutes this garbage from
Mike Ossipoff. I would now like to add a request for the other
participants in this forum to get involved.

I understand that few if any of you wish to get involved in a nasty
dispute between me and Mike Ossipoff. But if you don't say anything,
Mike will get the impression he can get away with his sleezy lies and
character assassination.

I am always amazed at how tolerant Markus Schulze is with Mike, always
staying above the fray and never returning an insult. Well, maybe I
should learn from Markus, but I just don't see why I should sit back and
let Mike unload his garbage on me with inpunity. I don't have Markus'
temperment, and maybe I'll die younger for it. I regret some of my rants
against Mike, but at least I've never lied in any of them.

Now Mike comes out with this garbage about how I supposedly tried to
claim credit for originating the DMC/RAV method and had to be scolded
for it on this forum. I'm sorry, but that really upsets me. I have a
well-earned reputation for innovative work in my field, yet I have never
in my life tried to claim credit for anything that I did not deserve
credit for. I couldn't live with myself if I did.

If you don't let Mike Ossipoff know what you think about his sleezy
tactics, then you are only letting this forum degrade to his level.
Think about how you would feel if someone wrote disparaging lies about
your character.

Come to think of it, maybe Mike has done that already.

--Russ