[EM] More easily hand-counting three-slot Condorcet

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 7 15:19:34 PST 2004

Paul,

 --- Paul Kislanko <kislanko at airmail.net> a écrit :
>  Well, you're wrong, although as usual you guys are really arrogant.

I don't see how I was wrong, except that you forgot to mention that you don't
care what I'm talking about.

Regarding your several paragraphs:

> I was objecting to phraseology such as "I don't want to see B win here" if
> what you really meant was "in this case B should not win because..."
>
> That happens too often, and people mix up academic discourse with argument
> for or against their favorite of many options without making it clear to the
> reader which they are doing when.
>
> If you meant that you "wanted the mthod to match what all WV methods would
> do" you could have said so.

Paul, I *did* say this.  That is in my very first sentence.

Anyway, if this is what you truly meant to say, why didn't you just say this
to begin with?  This is what you wrote:

> > > Well, *I* would not to want to see A win, since if A did 15
> > voters would
> > > kick YOU.
> > >
> > > Ad hoc adjustments to get "your" choice to win only work if
> > you're Tom
> > > Delay.

How was I supposed to know that this was a gentle lecture about imprecise
language?

> I'd appreciate it if you kept your snide sarcasm to yourself. You never
> advance a discussion with ad hominems.

Do you seriously think your message to me was pleasant??

Kevin Venzke