[EM] Gilmour, sincere rankings.

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 14:48:02 PST 2004

MIKE OSSIPOFF> Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 1:00 AM
> My definition of sincere voting is intended to make my criteria
> work as intended: [as corrected by next message]
>
> A voter votes sincerely if s/he doesn't falsify a sincere
> preference or fail
> to vote a sincere preference that the balloting system in use
> would have
> allowed hir to vote in addition to the preferences that s/he
> actually did vote.
>
> [end of sincere voting definition]

Why do you need the phrase "in addition to the preferences that s/he actually did vote"?

To me, the inclusion of this phrase implies that there are some preferences marked that are not
sincere, ie that do not meet either of the two criteria expressed in the first 30 words.  I do not
think that is what you intended, but that's how it reads to me.

James Gilmour