[EM] Margins

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Jun 20 22:20:02 PDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:46:48 +0200 (CEST) Kevin Venzke continued insisting
that WV is the same as Margins except that:
      Margins counts explicit and implied equality,
      While WV does not.

So I quote his Jan post below, which agrees with my memory on this detail:
      WV simply uses winners' vote counts in resolving cycles.
      Margins requires an extra subtraction step to determine margin
between winner's vote count and loser's vote count.

I argue that explicit equal ranking should be included in WV to make these
counts comparable as related to voters' intent.

I argue that counting equal ranking has no value in margins since it would
not affect the margins, BUT would do the same counting as for WV for
consistency.

Dave

Subject:  Re: [EM] Condorcet for public proposals

                  If you want peace, work for justice.