[EM] In effect and in voting theory, Plurality is a rankings method. (Supplementary Vote)

Steve Barney barnes99 at vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu
Sat Feb 7 14:39:02 PST 2004

FYI, also known as the "Second Choice Vote," it was used statewide in the
Wisconsin election of 1914 (see appendix in
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InstantRunoffWI/message/33>), and a bill for
reinstating in was sponsored by a Wisconsin State Senator by the name of
Morticai Lee shortly after the 1980 spliting of the vote which resulted in
the election of President Ronald Reagan. More recently, Morticai put in a
plug for it in his Jan. 16 appearance on Wisconsin Public TV ("Here and
Now" Transcript #000228,
<http://www.wpt.org/npa/transcripts/index.cfm?did=7741#2>.

Steve Barney
Oshkosh, WI