Online MAM tallying server (was Re: [EM] I Propose an EM Poll on Presidential Candidates)

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 11 11:54:07 PST 2004

Mike Ossipoff proposed a poll within EM, to be tallied
using several methods:
-snip-
> I nominate Approval, Ranked-Pairs, and BeatpathWinner/CSSD.
> Those Condorcet methods in their wv version.
-snip-

My website (www.alumni.caltech.edu/~seppley) links to a
webpage that tallies voters' orderings using MAM (which
some people in the EM list call "Ranked-Pairs-wv" despite
some differences).  The version currently posted is based
on a MAM PHP script written by Fergus Duniho.  I made some
changes so it correctly implements MAM's tiebreaking
algorithm, and made a few cosmetic changes.

The current version is quite rudimentary.  The simplest way
to use it, probably, is for someone to copy & paste a list
of the votes into its webpage. (It also expects to be given
a list of the alternatives, but sometime in the near future
I intend to post a version that constructs the list of
alternatives by examining the votes.)

There may be moments when the script is unavailable, when
I'm testing a newer version.