[EM] Steph, Re: poll

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:25:01 PST 2004

Stephen wrote:

The
first poll should
be conducted in order to identify the "best" single-winner method in our
eyes...

I reply:

No need to pick a method first, because we don't need one winner. Nothing
wrong with getting different winners by using different methods. In fact,
that's better, because it tests more methods and compares their results.

Of course Approval is the latest winner as best method, and so if we wanted
to use just one method, it would make sense for it to just be Approval. But
I wanted several methods demonstrated and compared.

Sure, voting among voting systems is worthwhile, but I suggest that this
poll now should only be for president, because right now is when there's an
approaching presidential race, and right now there are lots of candidates.

Mike Ossipoff