[EM] Condorcet for public proposals - IMV

Niemzinski at ecybermind.net Niemzinski at ecybermind.net
Sun Feb 1 02:03:02 PST 2004

Quoting Adam Tarr <atarr at purdue.edu>:

> While these are certainly accurate names for the method, Ernest's goal was
> to come up with a name that catchy and that instantly gives some idea of
> the method to a layman.  "Instant Matchup Voting" does this job pretty well
> - it might not be exactly what I would have picked , but it's a very good
> choice.

My preference would be "Pair Competition Ranking" or something similiar.
Instant makes sense in the Runoff context but not in the Condorcet context,
Voting isn't the focus of tabulation methods, and Matchup would tend to be
interpreted as being synonomous with "equivalent" which is not the intended
meaning.