[EM] Request for Ranked Pair strategy holes (margin, rm & wv)

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 10 00:03:02 PDT 2003

In the past, several people sent me some examples where
a week condorcet winner could get his victory stolen
by some strategical truncation behavior...

I was able to generate a family of problems to do so
even with Ranked Pair (winning votes) at the time:

11+2X votes:
--------------
2+X : A
2 : A > B > C
2 : B > A > C
1+X : B > C > A
4: C

A is the Condorcet winner.
The two B > A > C voters can get B elected by truncation, voting only B.

Adam and Alex had the same kind of example, even more obvious for
margin (and relative margin). Could anyone send me some again?

Thanks,
Stephane.