[EM] Kislanko and Circular Ties:

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 3 08:57:26 PDT 2003

Donald-

I'll try to send out the ballots later.  For now, a response on circular
ties:

Donald Davison said:
> Donald:  If most of the `A' voters vote A>B then it follows that most of
> the `B' voters would vote B>A, but if instead, most of the `B' voters
> vote B>C, then that is a flaw produced most likely by uninformed voters,
> because informed voters would favor candidates whose supporters favor
> their candidates.

OK, if by "A voters" you mean people who list A first, then by definition
they prefer A to B, and by definition the "B voters" prefer B to A.  The
only question is whether the A voters prefer B to C or C to B, and whether
the B voters prefer A to C.  There's nothing illogical about one person
having the preference A>B>C and another having the preference B>C>A.

How do you respond to that?

Alex