[EM] Truncation and 4 dimensional voting

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon May 26 14:56:08 PDT 2003

 --- josh at narins.net a écrit :
> Yeah. FPTP=1 dimensional
> Condorcet=2 dimensional
> Matrix=3 dimensional
> Matrix+States of the world=4 dimensional

I remember "Matrix" being a "two-dimensional ballot."  How do you figure
that is 3D?  And what is 2D about Condorcet, besides the 2D pairwise
matrix it shares with the "Matrix" method?

> The Electoral College is _some_ defense, IF the malfeasance is traced
> back to the opposition before the day they vote.

This made me laugh at you.  "A ballot of infinite pages would be ideal,
but in the meantime, we have the Electoral College."

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr