[EM] Truncation and 4 dimensional voting

josh at narins.net josh at narins.net
Mon May 26 13:33:16 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:05:52PM +0200, Kevin Venzke wrote:
>  --- josh at narins.net a ?crit?: >
> > I bet some people would not look fondly on being forced to choose
> > whether they liked John Hagelin or Lenora Fulani better.
>
> For heaven's sake, no one here wants to keep people from truncating
> if they want to.
>
> > Remember when I mentioned three dimensional voting?
>
> You did?

Yeah. FPTP=1 dimensional
Condorcet=2 dimensional
Matrix=3 dimensional
Matrix+States of the world=4 dimensional

> > Well, how about four dimensions!
> >
> > Voting on a matrix, instead of a ranked or approval ballot, allows the
> > voter the most freedom to express themselves EXCEPT when confronted by
> > the following...
> >
> > Each voter Vx has a different ballot Bw for each state of the world
> > W[1..x]
> >
> > IF the recent allegations concerning Buddy's friends are true...
>
> This is a strange idea.  Is this supposed to be a parody?

Not at all.

There is a problem which will occur, or at least we should be prepared
for.  If some joker doctored some footage of a major political figure,
and spread it widely before the day of the election, they will lose.
I mean, let's say it was the candidate praying at a satanic temple,
complete with human sacrifice?

Until lately, that could not have happened. The word couldn't have
gotten out _that_ fast.

But with the internet, the deniability factor is large, making it much
more possible. Plus, no one can deny that the stakes have become as
large as any point in human history, considering the power of the US
government.

The Electoral College is _some_ defense, IF the malfeasance is traced
back to the opposition before the day they vote.

But let's say the trickster was a 3rd party. Which way do the electors
vote (guessing that the satan worship video resulted in a election
result _far_ different than pre-satan polls predicted)

I actually have it on record that Bush worships an all-powerful
invisible being, who apparently has a really long record of some
scientifically impossible events (none lately) and who knocked up some
peasant Judean 2000 years ago.

This being will take care of Bush after he is dead.
Let's just hope he spends his life in Jail till that day.

http://ScreamingAtPigeons.com