[EM] Another PR method based on ranked ballots

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 26 08:47:09 PST 2003

The second chamber of Canada is the Senate.
Canadian senators are not elected, they are named to life by the prime
minister.
The senate only real power is to delay (about six months I think) some
legislature, even if officially they could block it I suppose.

Personnally I think the senate is obsolete and useless, but I am not an expert
in parliamentary dynamics...

S. Rouillon