[EM] Who did you say won?

Narins, Josh josh.narins at lehman.com
Mon Mar 3 13:21:56 PST 2003

Hrm.

I studied this particular issue.

Some people from Harvard applied Bayesian Ecological Inferences to the
absentee ballots.

They report the fact that, according to the Office of the Florida Secretary
of State, ON ELECTION DAY, Gore was ahead by 202 votes.
So, at the moment it was called for Bush, Gore was ahead.

One note on those ballots, as related in the New York Times "longest story
ever" (in column inches)
The Republicans were using opposite arguments in different counties. In GOP
strongholds they were arguing absentee ballots must be counted, in Gore
strongholds, that they must be thrown away.  This is in the court
transcripts.
By the way, if examined at the State level, or in any pair of courts,
really, that practice is illegal, in the sense that the whole line must be
dismissed. (See New Hampshire and Maine fighting over the river between
them, a change in the "how much is mine" by New Hampshire was totally
ignored, because they had earlier claimed a different portion).
I am not a laywer.

However, there is lots more.

Bush and Harris slashed the voter aide funds by half, gave RICH districts
laptops in order to deal with voted problems.
They gave poor districts BUSY PHONE NUMBERS.

How's that for a big FUCK YOU???

Or how about this peice of total horseshit?  In Texas they had a hand
recount, but that's not good enough for Florida?

Howabout the _fact_ that the law in Florida was "intent of the voter" NOT
"intent of the voter  IF it can be ascertained via a machine."

The facts are, if they had recounted the whole state, or the THOUSANDS of
jewish gore voters in palm beach county were counted as they INTENDED to
vote (the law in Florida, and there are plenty of overvotes to statistically
_prove_ it happened) it was NO CONTEST.

BUSH IS A SHIT EATING MONKEY

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Political_Corruption/How_GOP_Gamed_Florida
.html