[EM] Majority Choice Approval and Bucklin

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 19 22:06:50 PST 2003

Venzke Kevin said:
> Can someone tell me how this differs from Bucklin
> (with two rankings permitted)?  It seems similar to
> me, but doesn't Bucklin suffer from severe strategy
> problems?

Equal rankings are permitted.  In that sense it is different from Bucklin.
 You can rate two candidates as Preferred rather than one, so it passes
the weak FBC.  You can rate one candidate as Preferred and all others as
unacceptable, so that you aren't _forced_ to support an additional
candidate when nobody gets a first-place majority.

Alex

----