[EM] Majority Choice Approval and Bucklin

Venzke Kevin stepjak at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 19 22:00:31 PST 2003

 --- Alex Small <asmall at physics.ucsb.edu> a écrit : >
Majority Choice Approval is also attractive.  I
> haven't heard too many
> objections on this list.

Hello.  I went back and looked for a definition of
"MCA" on Yahoo Groups archives, and this is the
understanding I managed.  It might be wrong:

You vote Preferred, Approved, or neither.  If anyone
has a majority of voters preferring them, they win;
else "approved" votes are also counted, until someone
has a majority.  (Possible that a majority will
elude.)

Can someone tell me how this differs from Bucklin
(with two rankings permitted)?  It seems similar to
me, but doesn't Bucklin suffer from severe strategy
problems?

Thanks

Stepjak