[EM] Reply to Ernie

Ernest Prabhakar drernie at mac.com
Fri Dec 19 09:30:02 PST 2003

I wrote:
> Can we chill?

Apparently the answer is "no".  :-)

Mike, Markus - as a newcomer to this arena, I have the greatest respect
for both of you.   I think both of you are making valuable
contributions to the field.   I think both of you are sincere and
trying to do the best you can.    I am trying very hard to learn from
both of you.  From what I've seen, both of you are willing to listen to
constructive criticism, admit where you've made mistakes, and try to do
the right thing.

At the same time, I feel like both of you are being just a little
oversensitive on this issue.   I don't think either of you is
deliberately overstating the facts.   And I can understand why you
might be offended by the other person's tone.

However, I do feel that both of you are taking things a little too
personally, and making too much of the other's slight lapses in
terminology or etiquette.  Please, let it go.   We have far more
important things to fight about.

-- Ernie P.