[EM] Floyd algorithm?

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 18 07:35:02 PST 2003

Dear Mike,

You wrote (18 Dec 2003):
> Idiot, why don't you read the quoted passage above, from my e-mail. Did I
> deny that I'd called my implementation the Floyd algorithm? The only thing
> that I denied having called "the Floyd algorithm" was your poorly-copied,
> line-truncated fragment of a Python program. You had posted that fragment
> and said that I called it the Floyd algorithm.

You are the idiot because you see no contradiction between the fact that
you call your implementation "Floyd algorithm" and the fact that you have
to admit that your Python program nowhere uses the Floyd algorithm.

******

You wrote (18 Dec 2003):
> You claim that  the  1-pass procedure that you posted finds the strongest
> beatpaths. Let's check it out and find out if it does.  What was the year,
> month, and day of  your posting in which you posted what you called the
> Floyd algorithm?

The Floyd algorithm has been proposed by Floyd (Robert W. Floyd, "Algorithm 97
(Shortest Path)," Communications of the ACM, vol. 5, p. 345, 1962).

Markus Schulze