[EM] Cheering for simplicity/Orphan

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:58:02 PDT 2003

The simplest method to understand and implement works for both single
winner elections and proportional representation: Candidate Proxy.

Each voter votes for one candidate as in plurality. The candidates
represent (as proxies) the voters that voted for them in an election
completion convention that chooses the winner(s).

I don't see how Hare/STV has even one advantage over this much simpler
system.

Forest