[EM] Info on election method needed

Mike Rouse mrouse at internetcds.com
Thu Aug 21 22:30:02 PDT 2003

I was looking at proportional representation methods, and found a simple
one that probably already have a name (and probably a thorough analysis
as well) if only I could find it.

In its simplest form, each candidate has an electoral power based on the
number of first place votes he or she receives during the election,
rather than transferring surplus votes to another candidate or having
them thrown away. To give an example, if we have five candidates and
fifteen voters, we could end up with the following