[EM] Re: serious strategy problem in Condorcet, but not in IRV?

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Mon Aug 18 14:15:54 PDT 2003

Dear election methods fans,

I have noticed one small bright point in this situation which I overlooked
before. Let's think of this as a voting game with multiple rounds, or
perhaps a series of polls leading up to an actual election.

Round one / sincere preferences
46: A>B
44: B>A
5: C>A
5: C>B

A wins. B voters have incentive for offensive order reversal.

46: A>B
44: B>C
5: C>A
5: C>B