[EM] Viability (finding the odds after you've voted)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Mon Aug 4 16:28:02 PDT 2003

Here's why I think this revision might handle clones better:

Suppose that from favorite to detested your slot viabilities are

2,1,6,5,4,3

It could be that your two favorite slots represent clones from your party,
and the other four slots represent clones from another party that ran more
clones, and so did well on the borda count even though your party had a
majority of both first and second place votes.

The MinMax rule would merge (2,1) prematurely before the inflated clone
scores were deflated.

The recursive rule would merge the (4,3) link first, giving favorites a
chance to grow in viability ... perhaps enough to survive another round as
well.