[EM] Re: Approval Completed Condorcet

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Feb 22 12:56:22 PST 2002

As you say, voted ballots like this would be rare.  Here's why:

In the zero information case, it would mean that either the voters were
stubbornly ignoring reasonable strategy OR it would mean that all
candidates in the Smith set are extremely low utility.

In the partial information case, it would mean that voters are stubbornly
ignoring reasonable strategy OR that the partial information was more
disinformation than information, leading all the voters to believe that
their favorites were ahead by comfortable margins.

(Like in Lake Wobegone, where all the children are above average.)

Forest