re: [EM] Announcement from Paul Hager

hager2002 at lsh107.siteprotect.com hager2002 at lsh107.siteprotect.com
Sun Apr 28 16:30:31 PDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Alex Small wrote:

> >In my final address to the convention I announced that I was leaving the
> >Libertarian Party to join the Republicans. I have been invited and,
> >although the issue fit isn't as good, I can have an impact as a Republican
>
> Do you have any plans to run for Sec. of State as a GOP candidate?  You
> probably have a decent shot at winning if nominated as a GOP candidate, and
> if support for voting reform came from within one of the major parties it
> would be very difficult for the legislature to ignore alternative election
> methods.

I sent out a press release announcing that I switched parties, and I
essentially endorsed one of the GOP SoS candidates -- a fellow named Mike
Delph.  He's the only one talking about making fixes to the election
process.  Nothing big, but he's the only one other than me (before I was
knocked out) who is talking about something relvant to the office.  Also,
I ran into him several times on the campaign trail and he knows about AV
though I wouldn't expect him to be willing to stick his neck out on it.
Still, he might be someone to work on.

I sent him a copy of the release with a note to give me a call.  We can
talk and see if there might be some mutual benefit in my working for his
campaign.

> Please remain involved in the list if you have time.  I've enjoyed your
> posts, and I hope to hear in the future that you're running for office
> again.
>
> Alex Small

Not sure if I'll stay on the list, but I'll definitely try to keep in
touch.  If anyone wants to reach me after I close this account, send email
to:

hagerp at cs.indiana.edu

Regards,

paul hager		hager2002 at hager2002.org

"The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason."
			-- Thomas Paine, THE AGE OF REASON

----