[EM] How to proceed

Anthony Simmons bbadonov at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 13:10:39 PST 2002

>> From: "Narins, Josh" <josh.narins at lehman.com>
>> Subject: [EM] How to proceed

>> Even if you are dead-set on IRV, Approval, or Voodoo-
>> MindReading Tallies, the way to get this done is to have
>> the NAS study the issue.

>> That's why we need a great writer. We need to petition
>> Congress.

I think you've found the right approach.  Only problem is
getting Congress to move on it.  Changing the voting system
is generally only supported by parties that stand to gain
from it.  Since the groups in power were put there by the
current system, they're not enthusiastic about replacing it.
Which means that only the Greens and Libertarians in Congress
are likely to want to start the process by referring the
matter to NAS.  What to do?