[EM] Elections 101 Basics

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 20:56:39 PDT 2002

In view of the somewhat amazing stuff in recent postings by newer folks I
note some Elections 101 stuff.

3 or more Choices

NO first choice majority = either NO majority exists or there is a divided
majority.

The minority (1 or more subparts) will likely strategize in WHATEVER method
is being used ---  in order to stop 1 or more of the majority possible
choices.

What else is new and different since Borda and Condorcet went head to head
regarding their methods in the 1780's ???

How mind boggling are some methods for our fellow *average* citizen- voters
???

----