[EM] 04/12/02 - Craig, you wrong me:

Donald Davison donald at mich.com
Fri Apr 12 03:45:50 PDT 2002

04/12/02 - Craig, you wrong me:

Craig wrote: "Mr Donald Davison never corrected Mike Ossipoff over this
too."  (Subject is the policy of Australian voters, not of the big-two
parties, to bury their favorite by voting for one of the big-two in first
choice position on their ranking.)

Craig, you wrong me.  I do not fault anyone for not reading every post of
the EM list, but if you had happened to read my post of 3/30/02 you would
have seen the following text:

Mike wrote:
But 3 different Australians have told me that it's common for
preferrers of 3rd parties to insincerely rank one of the big-2 in
1st place, so as not to "waste [their] vote".

Donald: I don't believe this.  Either those three Australians are telling
you what you want to hear, if in fact they really did tell you that, or you
are only hearing what you want to hear.  You are either fooling yourself or
are being fooled.

In any IRVing election it is stupid "...for preferrers of 3rd parties to
insincerely rank one of the big-2 in 1st place..."  To do so will reduce
the election down to a Plurality election.  I would say that you are trying
to pass as much misinformation about IRVing as possible so you can promote
Approval Voting, the Trojan horse, the actual sick horse of election
methods.

- - - - - - - - - - - end of copy - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What more can be said, after all, you know Mike, trying to pin him down is
like putting your thumb on a wet pumpkin seed, they both merely slip away
to somewhere else.
(Craig dosen't realize that Mike is a minor Deity.)

Regards,
   Donald Davison, host of New Democracy at http://www.mich.com/~donald
                        Candidate Election Methods
   +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
   |                        Q U O T A T I O N                          |
   |  "Democracy is a beautiful thing,                                 |
   |        except that part about letting just any old yokel vote."   |
   |                           - Age 10 -                              |
    APV   Approval Voting
    ATV   Alternative Vote  aka  IRV Instant Runoff Voting  aka  IRVing
    FPTP  First Past The Post  aka  Plurality
    NOTA  None of the Above  aka  RON Re-Open Nominations
    STV   Single Transferable Vote  aka  Preference Voting  aka  Choice Voting
          aka  Hare Clarke  aka  Hare Preferential Voting

Please be advised that sending email to me allows me to quote from it
and/or forward the entire email to others.