[EM] Now don't get mad, Catchy.

David Catchpole s349436 at student.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 12 19:29:57 PDT 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

> >They may be part of the
> >dreaded orthodoxy
>
> Thank you for asserting that there's an academic voting system
> orthodoxy. But did anyone say they dreaded it? I merely indicated
> that I don't respect it or value it.

Jeez, I sure hope you get your sarcasm detector back from the shop soon,
Mike! Mental note- must use more apostrophes.

The "wilderness" (there!) comment still stands. To attack academe as some
big monolithic "orthodoxy" (again!) is wrong if the attack has no
basis. So far there has been no apparent basis- and certainly no proof
from Mike that he's more of a messianic reformist than any academic.

If you can furnish a basis for your belief in academic voting theorist's
intellectual stagnation, then please do so.