[EM] RE: Let's found an organization to oppose IRV

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 23:16:05 PST 2000

Mr. Ossipoff wrote-

About the parties, the probem is that the IRVies have already convinced
the Greens, the Alaska Republicans, and, I guess, the New Mexico
Democrats, and the progressives in Vermont.
--
D- Such folks are probably unaware of my Hitler-Stalin-Washington example
(now several years old).

34 HWS
33 SWH
16 WSH
16 WHS
99

With IRV, W loses. Hitler wins 50- 49.  Instant civil war ???

The same thing may happen within single member legislative districts.

That is, IRV will promote even more plurality extremism in U.S.A. politics
(under the guise of majority rule).

If there is approval voting, there might be--

H 50
S 49
W 99

I, of course, note that H,S,W can be switched around for game purposes.