[EM] Update on Mike Ossipoff

Donald E Davison donald at mich.com
Tue Oct 19 01:30:57 PDT 1999

Greetings,

Tom Round wrote:
"I had this same debate back in 1995 with Mike Osippoff (sp?) [By the way,
where's Mike gone to?] on this same list, and while his arguments in favour
of Condorcet for referenda won me over, his advocacy of the Hare over the
Droop quota did not. I can dig my archived paragraphs out and re-post them
if anyone wants to see the arguments at length, but in a nutshell, it goes
along these lines:"

Dear Tom,

     Thank you for posting your 10/15 letter a second time.
     The year 1995 is before my time on this list. I would like to have
copies of both Mike-O's and your arguments at length over Hare vs Droop. I
would like to study both.

     The spelling of Mike's last name has also been a problem to me. I
usually refer to him as Mike-O. His email address of late is no help: Mike
Ositoff <ntk at netcom.com>
     Ositoff is not correct. The story he gave when he started to use this
spelling, is that when he was entering his correct name into his computer,
the computer froze at the time, giving him the bad spelling. He did not try
to correct the spelling because he did not want that to happen again.
`Ossipoff' was the spelling on his last post to me.(and we do not know if
that is correct.)
     Maybe we should have a contest on the spelling of Mike's last name.
(maybe you are telling Tom more than he cares to know about Mike's name -
move on)

     Mike's address is on the email loop of the USA Parliament group in
California. I sometimes post to that loop. The last time, I posted those 13
Tips for Activists, which I also posted to this list. Mike sent me some
comments, which I include below to bring everyone up to date on Mike.
(aren't you glad you asked)

Donald