Head to Head Comparison of Election Methods

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Fri May 21 17:34:43 PDT 1999

I suggest a separate YES/NO vote on each choice since I do not think that
many voters would understand a ballot with "No choice" (sometimes called
"None of the Above" (NOTA)) such as--

NOTA

Thus, I suggest that a sample ballot be something like --

      YES     NO      RANK
A               x           5
B     x                     2
C               x           4
D     x                     1
E     x                     3

Only the choices having a YES majority (absolute votes) would go head to head
using the RANK votes (relative votes).

If there is no Condorcet winner, then the choice with the most YES votes
would win (for a single winner election).

The public would have to undergo some major education about head to head math.