[EM] message rejected

Steve Eppley SEppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:00:36 PST 1999

Donald Davison wrote:
(irrelevant message about another maillist snipped)
>      In the meantime, this is a good time to quota Robert Gahan when he wrote:
>
>      "But as far as this list is concerned, Chris, unless you have the
> inclination, and the time, and the expertise to monitor the content of the
> list, then you must leave it to each of us to individually decide what to
> absorb and what to dismiss."
>
>       Yes! Yes! Yes!  We should all agree that each of us individuals
> should have the right to decide what to absorb and what to dismiss. (Is
> this a new concept??)

Do people want the "right" to decide whether to absorb or dismiss spam
(messages which are not within the scope of a maillist)?  I've never
heard anyone clamoring for spam.

Donald has been posting many of his messages to both this list and the
elections-reform list, even though it is extremely rare for a message to
fit within the scope of both lists.  (The lists were designed to have
complementary scopes.)  So he's probably been spamming quite a bit,
though it would take scrutiny of the messages before one can reach a
definite conclusion.