Fixed Terms

Michael A. Schoenfield & Associates, Ltd. maschoen at execpc.com
Fri Aug 27 17:20:10 PDT 1999

I am wondering what people are thinking about the State of Washington
Congressman who beat Tom Foley six years ago on a campaign of fixed terms
(no more than three terms or six years) and now that he has reached his
voluntary self-imposed limits, he is running for re-election! Now, I
generally opposed term limits as I believe that we are removing legislators
just when they are getting to be competent on the basis of issues. However,
let us look at the real issue hear and it not term limits. This
representative lied and is going back on his word (it is not surprising that
he is a Republican ;-). What should we do with this liar or should we just
let him get away with the errors of his ways.

Mike S.

Michael Schoenfield
Michael A. Schoenfield & Associates, Ltd.
2637 Mason Street
Madison, WI 53705-3709

(608) 238-6121  Phone
(608) 233-2507  Fax