Margins, part 4

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Sat Sep 19 02:46:23 PDT 1998

Blake said that if voters whose real preference ordering is

 1. A
 2. B & C

insincerely ranked B over C, though indifferent between the
two, that would be what I call "drastic strategy".

For 1 thing, I've only used the term for defensive strategy,
and what Blake describes isn't defensive strategy.

For another thing, Blake's example isn't about rankig a
less liked alternative equal to or over a more liked one,
and is nothing like what I'd call drastic strategy. I
probaly never or rarely say "drastic strategy"; I say
"drastic defensive strategy".

***

Mike