Approval and LO2E

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 15:42:10 PST 1998

Mr. Cretney wrote in part-

I'm referring to the idea that if no candidate wins a majority "YES" vote, the
election does not produce a winner.  If you don't like the term "voiding" the
election, please suggest a different one.  I have struggled to find a better
term myself.
---
D- In such a case, there is no election (being that election means making a
choice by the electors involved - the public voters on election day or the
members of a legislative body (when they elect a presiding officer for
example)).  Thus, "nonelection" might suffice.