Donaldshock (was Re: First Choices tiebreaker)

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Jan 22 19:32:14 PST 1997

Donald D wrote:
-snip-
>Shock is an understatement - Mike had a "vapor lock" in his chest
>and Steve has gone into seclusion and "will be taking the
>vapors".(not the same vapors)
-snip-

About a week ago I was invited by the Pasadena League of Women
Voters to help them prepare a seminar day on PR, Condorcet, and
Campaign Finance Reform, so I've been a little too busy to keep up
with any of the maillists to which I'm subscribed.  It may seem to
Donald that I'm hiding from Demorep's comments, but there's no basis
for Donald's self-stimulating fantasy.  (I'm likewise certain that
Mike is aware Demorep isn't onto anything important in his recent
comments and is not shocked.)

Mike O is probably right about the negative utility of Demorep and
Donald repeatedly reposting the same rebutted assertions without
their attempting to rebut the rebuttals, a behavior which I call
Disorderly Discussion.  Perhaps those of us who don't expect them to
make a net positive contribution should start a new maillist without
them, as long as Rob L is inclined to keep the EM list open to junk
email but is unwilling to lend a hand rebutting junk.