[ER] Mike's strange announcement

Gary Swing gwswing at ouray.cudenver.edu
Mon Dec 2 07:56:19 PST 1996

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996 donald at mich.com wrote:

> Greetings to members of this list,
>
> Mike in one of his strange announcements has connected a James Ogle and me
> together.
>
> I do not know James Ogle well enough to speak for him or against him. About
> ten days ago I learned of a list known as voting-systems. The name
> suggested that this list would be something that I would like to be a
> member of - so I joined. It turns out the list is managed by James Ogle - I
> have no problem with that.
>
> So you see my contact with James Ogle is less than ten days old - but my
> contact with Mike is more than ten months long. In that time Mike has been
> rude and insulting - more so on the Election Methods list. I did not reply
> to any of his insults until a few days ago - at which time I held a mirror
> up to Mike so he could see himself as others see him - he did not like what
> he seen - but he is unwilling to admit he seen himself. This is why you
> received that strange announcement about his not replying to anymore of my
> posts - I thank God for small favors.
>
> It has just occured to me that you may find all of this boring - I
> understand - I'm bored writing about it - but I am trying to be fair all
> around.
>
> Anyway - back to James Ogle. In Mike's strange announcement he also bad
> mouthed this James Ogle. In all fairness I contacted James Ogle for his
> input. I made the correct guess that maybe Mike and James were connected
> some how. Below are the posts between James and me.
>
> I do not know if James is a "kook" or not - I do know that Mike is a
> "kook". The answer seems to be that each of us should make our own
> valuation of other people and not leave it up to someone else - like a Mike
> - to do it for us.

Anyone who has observed James Ogle's activities on the internet knows
that he is completely insane and has no sense of reality. Ogle is a
pathological liar and nutcase who engages in a perpetuatual campaign of
fraud and harassment against the Green Party, the Labor Party, other
third parties, and advocates of proportional representation. His USA
Parliament scam is a fascistic fantasy game that is entirely under his
control and used to spam disinformation about third parties all over the
Usenet. Ogle represents himself as the "elected secretary" of every third
party organization, including those which exist only in his imagination.
For his disinformation campaign, Ogle was elected Usenet Kook of the
Month in March '96, Pathological Liar of the Month in April '96, perhaps
the Golden Killfile Award in May '96 (I'm not sure about that one), and
the USA Parliament itself received the Victor Von Frankenstein Weird
Science Award in June '96 (a new award to recognize kooky projects or
organizations with a significant and obnoxious presence on the
internet.) The only legitimate votes ever conducted by the USA Parliament
were two votes to abolish itself, which passed almost unanimously each
time, and a vote to censure Ogle for fraud and misconduct in connection
with his mock election. Ogle, of course, never recognized these votes.
Everything James Ogle posts is a lie. The best thing to do with him is
put his email address joogle at netcom.com into your killfile.

> Donald,
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Dear James,
>
> I forwarded a copy of Rules For "The 1st State and DC PAR Elections" to the
> Elections Reform list that I belong to.
>
> Mike Ossipoff is active on that list. He said that he knows of you - his
> comments are below.
>
> Is it true that he had a position with PAR at one time?
>
> Donald,
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 donald at mich.com wrote:
> > Is it true that he had a position with PAR at one time?
>
> Yes, he was our "volunteer counter", but he resigned the day we were to
> count the ballots, so i did the count solo.

Mike resigned due to Ogle's fraudulent activities and voted to abolish
the USA Parliament. Ogle had misrepresented Mike as an officer of the USA
Parliament.

>  He lives in Santa Cruz,
> and has been a close friend of mine.   I last saw him about two months ago,
> and he said he liked the new Flying Saucer Party, and that he would join if
> Lloyd Lllewellyn promised extra-terrestial contact within seven years.
> The promise was made, written into the bylaws, etc.

When the aliens come, I hope they abduct Ogle and take him back to their
home planet with them.

> The allegations of fraud are simply untrue.   I've asked these allegers
> to produce some proof, but they never did.

Ogle's fraud has been well-documented and has been posted many times on
newsgroups to the point that people are just sick and tired of hearing
about it. Ogle's response to the demonstration of his fraudulent
misrepresentation is to ignore it and make irrelevant, non-sequitur comments.

For example, when someone points out that it is fraud for Ogle to
publicly misrepresent himself as the elected secretary of the Green Party
and solicit contributions for another con man, Randy Toler, in the name
of the Green Party, Ogle responds with irrelevant nonsense like the
following:

>   However, i still have every
> verifiable/validatable ballot in my possession, as my proof of the
> committee.

First, Ogle has consistently refused to provide any confirmation of these
phony ballots he claims.

Second, it doesn't matter a pittance what idiotic "ballots" he claims are
in his posession. They have nothing to do with any of the real world
organizations which he publicly misrepresents.