Mike's strange announcement

donald at mich.com donald at mich.com
Mon Dec 2 04:28:45 PST 1996

Greetings to members of this list,

Mike in one of his strange announcements has connected a James Ogle and me
together.

I do not know James Ogle well enough to speak for him or against him. About
ten days ago I learned of a list known as voting-systems. The name
suggested that this list would be something that I would like to be a
member of - so I joined. It turns out the list is managed by James Ogle - I
have no problem with that.

So you see my contact with James Ogle is less than ten days old - but my
contact with Mike is more than ten months long. In that time Mike has been
rude and insulting - more so on the Election Methods list. I did not reply
to any of his insults until a few days ago - at which time I held a mirror
up to Mike so he could see himself as others see him - he did not like what
he seen - but he is unwilling to admit he seen himself. This is why you
received that strange announcement about his not replying to anymore of my
posts - I thank God for small favors.

It has just occured to me that you may find all of this boring - I
understand - I'm bored writing about it - but I am trying to be fair all
around.

Anyway - back to James Ogle. In Mike's strange announcement he also bad
mouthed this James Ogle. In all fairness I contacted James Ogle for his
input. I made the correct guess that maybe Mike and James were connected
some how. Below are the posts between James and me.

I do not know if James is a "kook" or not - I do know that Mike is a
"kook". The answer seems to be that each of us should make our own
valuation of other people and not leave it up to someone else - like a Mike
- to do it for us.

Donald,
Dear James,

I forwarded a copy of Rules For "The 1st State and DC PAR Elections" to the
Elections Reform list that I belong to.

Mike Ossipoff is active on that list. He said that he knows of you - his
comments are below.

Is it true that he had a position with PAR at one time?

Donald,
On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 donald at mich.com wrote:
> Is it true that he had a position with PAR at one time?

Yes, he was our "volunteer counter", but he resigned the day we were to
count the ballots, so i did the count solo.   He lives in Santa Cruz,
and has been a close friend of mine.   I last saw him about two months ago,
and he said he liked the new Flying Saucer Party, and that he would join if
Lloyd Lllewellyn promised extra-terrestial contact within seven years.
The promise was made, written into the bylaws, etc.

The allegations of fraud are simply untrue.   I've asked these allegers
to produce some proof, but they never did.   However, i still have every
verifiable/validatable ballot in my possession, as my proof of the
committee.

Feel free to write back if you have any more questions or concerns.

--James
Donald writes,

About Mike's announcement - it is a good thing he is doing - "..it is a far
far better thing than he has ever done".

This will be good for both Mike and this list. Mike is taking the first
step towards self control. If he does not read my posts he will not make
any rude and insulting replys to me - he may make them to you - but not to
me. We should see a marked reduction in rudeness and insults on both of
these lists - more so on the methods list. I look forward to the peace and
quiet.

Mike has had the freedom without any restrictions to be rude and to insult
persons. He can be liken to a spoiled brat that grew into adulthood without
maturing. He must not have received any disapproval from his family and
friends along the way - and none from his current friends on the Methods
list.

Hopefully this first step of his will take him on a path towards a more
civilized person - unless he is aleady over thirty-five - in which case it
is too late - the die is cast. It is alright for me to talk about Mike in
the third person because he will not be reading this post - MIKE! stop
reading this post - you promised - don't you have some work to do with your
Flying Saucer Party?

Donald,