[EM] Poll Ballots, from poll-topics poll

Rob LeGrand honky1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 14:36:56 PDT 2001

Mike wrote:
> These are the 7 ballots that I received for the poll-topics poll.
> Since it turns out that I don't have a computer with which to count
> Cloneproof SSD & Ranked Pairs(margins), disregard the rankings.
>
> Tonight I'll send a demonstration of the Voter's Choice count for this
> election, showing that Voting Systems wins when we only use Approval
> and CR as designated methods. (Of course Voting Systems would probably
> have won even if we'd done the Cloneproof SSD & Ranked Pairs(margins)
> counts too).

Yep, Voting Systems also wins Cloneproof SSD and Ranked Pairs.  In fact, Voting
Systems wins every pairwise comparison except that it ties with Multiwinner
systems, which loses to Movies.  When Voting Systems is removed from the
election, Presidential Candidates of 2000 becomes the winner using Cloneproof
SSD and Ranked Pairs, so it could be considered the second-placer.  Months and
Nonpresidential Nicknames lose every pairwise comparison except that they tie
each other.

The votes that I fed into my little program were:

1:B>C>G>D>E>F>A=H=I=J=K=L=M
1:I>C>B>K>L>H>J>D>E>G>F>M>A
1:C>F>G>H>L>E>D>B>A>K>I>M>J
1:H>D>G>L>A=B=C=E=F=I=J=K=M
1:I>H>F>G>C>E>D>L>J>K>M>A>B
1:E>C>H>B>J>G=K>A=F=I=L>D=M   (<--- my vote, obtained from CR input)
1:I>D=E=K>A=C=H=J=L=M>B=F=G

where A through M are the choices in order.  Let me know if you find an error
in my analysis.

=====
Rob LeGrand
honky98 at aggies.org