[EM] Proportionality vs utility: redoing 2008 with better units

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km-elmet at munsterhjelm.no
Mon Sep 9 13:51:57 PDT 2024

On 2024-09-09 22:15, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> I've been incorporating some very old code for multiwinner method
> testing (see my very first post) into Quadelect, my general purpose
> voting program. And I've run some simulations and got an indication of
> what different multiwinner methods prioritize between proportionality
> and broad support. So I thought I'd write a post about the results.

I see now that I put the "D'Hondt without Lists" and "Birational (norm)"
text on the full chart in the wrong spot. The detailed chart gives the
right position - they're all on the left side of the random candidate line.

Prop'ty  Util.
-0.10956 0.90776  DHwL(Schulze(wv))
-0.08229 0.90724  DHwL(Ext-Minmin(margins))
-0.07524 0.87113  DHwL(Ext-Minmax(margins))
-0.06104 0.89726  Cardinal: R-Birational

-km