[EM] Strategy-free criterion

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 05:07:36 PDT 2024

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 14:15 Closed Limelike Curves <
closed.limelike.curves at gmail.com>
Ppwrote:

> I'm trying to work out how the strategy-free criterion actually relates to
> strategy, because it just sounds like it means the majority-Condorcet
> criterion ("if a candidate majority-beats every other, they have to win if
> everyone is honest"). @Michael Ossipoff ?

 Closed, isn’t “Strategy-Free Criterion” your new name for FBC.

It’s a very inaccurate name. FBC-complying methods aren’t strategy-free in
any sense.

 But they’re free of any need for *drastic* defensive strategy
(favorite-burial or any defensive order-reversal).

You want strategy-free? The wv Condorcet methods, such as RP(wv) &
MinMax(wv), are strategy-free in a meaningful sense…effectively free of
need for any defensive strategy…due to their autodeterence.