[EM] Approval vs Condorcet. Voting in Approval.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 02:08:02 PDT 2024

It’s necessary to  count N(N-1) pairwise vote-totals.  …2 for each pair.

What if there are lot of candidates?

The trick-software could be in the part that initially increments the
N(N-1) vote-totals, even if that’s immediately done at the  voting-machine.

The only thing that the voter checked for accuracy was his ranking. There’s
no guarantee that the pairwise  vote-totals were incremented honesty.

So a handcount-audit would require doing the whole exhaustive
pairwise-count, from the raw rankings.

25 candidates? 600 pairwise  vote-totals to count.

Of course there’d be an effort for security, but, undeniably, it would be
easier & more able to be counted-on with approvals.

To maximize count-security, of course it’s Approval.

It’s getting late ⏰, so I’d best continue this topic in the morning.

In. Vermont it’s 6:00 a.m.  I hope you’re getting up early, & not staying
late !