[EM] Backfire risk in CW,Plurality

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:10:10 PDT 2024

 I couldn’t find the thread I want to reply to, so it’s necessary to post
my comment as a new thread.

Someone asked about the risk of backfire with burial in CW,Plurality.

It’s insignificant. If the buriers have even a little perception that their
candidate has a good chance of being Plurality-winner, then the burial is a
good idea.

In general, overall, the likelihoods of success & backfire are equal in
CW,Pluurality.

With wv.  Condorcet, backfire is 10 times more likely than success.

CW,Plurality is effectively strategically like IRV & Plurality.

RBJ: Repetition of assertions without answering objections to them isn’t
helping you to choose a good proposal.