[EM] Can IIA survive strategic voting? an experiment

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun May 12 08:02:24 PDT 2024

Hello,

I made a spin-off of my truncation simulation, to take a look at IIA:
votingmethods.net/iiastrat

I was curious to see whether the usage of truncation strategies would introduce so
much chaos into the IIA question that we wouldn't be able to say that some methods
could perform better than others, under those conditions. It turns out that there
are a variety of potential outcomes.

We start with one scenario, voters decide on their votes, and we get the methods'
results. Then we introduce a new "Red" candidate, voters decide on a vote anew, and
we check whether/how the new candidate changed the results.

Hopefully of interest.

Kevin
votingmethods.net