[EM] Request for help: List of Pathological Elections

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Tue May 7 08:59:50 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-07 01:19, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> I’m not so sure that you should be rewriting & redoing all the those
> articles.
>
> You’re likely just ruining them, & someone else will later find the
> damage & have to restore the articles. One fortunate feature of
> Wikipedia is that damaged to articles can be “reverted” without having
> to rewrite the articles.

That can be more difficult than it seems. There's a very long path of
talk page actions, dispute resolution, etc. that someone can do to
oppose the reversion. Someone with superior endurance may well outlast
other editors who become tired of or worn down by the process and leave.
Even if they don't, it may take years before things come to a head like
in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration/Cold_fusion.

Wikipedia tries to be a level playing field and seek consensus. But it's
far from perfect.

Apart from that, though, I agree: WP:BOLD should definitely be tempered
with caution.

-km